Wednesday, July 8, 2009


Hey!
Hope everyone is doing well. While you are all enjoying the bliss of Minneapolis' summer, I have moved to Florida. Yes, I left Minneapolis at it's best season and moved to Florida at it's worse. How very Danielle of me.
One thing I have to say about Florida is that there are a lot of lizards. Seriously, walk outside and there's at least one lizard just chillin'. Also, the beach is pretty rad.
I just got a Jonathon Franzen book (yay) and a book called 'Middlemarch'. It's very long, but was three dollars and upon my skimming seemed up to my code. What was not up to code was the library denying me a library card on the grounds that I didn't have a drivers license or a bill with my name on it (like from comcast, not from broward theatre) and them AND Barnes and Noble not having Molly Keane, M. J Farrell (molly keane) and only ONE Jean Rhys book when a Jean Rhys BIOGRAPHY is being specially displayed. And the library (when I thought I was going to get a card) having NO Chuck Palahnuik, only one David Sedearis book, NO Molly Keane/M.J F. and NO Jean Rhys. Just sayin'. It's a library. Should have more books than what was offered there. I didn't even bother looking for Carter Lewis. So much for trying to read new things. 
And Barnes and Noble is a little ridiculous sometimes, I think. They're books. I don't want to pay fourteen dollars for a book. That's lame. But, did it. Because library ala Del Ray is even lamer than a fourteen dollar book.
Speaking of money and how much I don't have (I need to marry rich. Or date people who are okay with a hand to mouth lifestyle.) I got my second job. Sweet. Who would've thought that you move into one of the best areas in Florida only to make less than what you made in Minneapolis? Not me, my friends, not me. Though, I don't have to deal with Glaciers and that ridiculousness. For that, I am grateful. I think I'll sell homemade jewelry to tourists on the beach when we get in season. Hey, new yorkers, what do you think of a button, a shell, and bead on fishing wire? What I think is a necklace for twenty dolla. I'll throw in a magnet. What? You're not into Christian Icon Magnets? You're Jewish?
(it's funny because there are a lot of Jewish people here. I like kosher.)
From the looks of my rambles it's time for me to go to bed.
Lots of love
Dani

No comments: