Saturday, November 29, 2008

Parking Fiend.


As I'm sure the 1.2 readers of this blog out there already know, the other day I stepped out of the mansion to see a note on my windshield. I don't know why it bothered me so much. Why it still bothers me. For some reason, this little note angered me more than Alan Rickman being in the U.S. when I was in the U.K. I wrote a note. See the picture to the left. 
But now this spot hasn't been occupied by anyone. Because they know I'm watching. I'm watching like a tourist on a summer vacation, I'm watching like a seven year old watches Pokemon, I'm watching that spot as if Alan were about to teleport to that exact parking space. And what will happen when someone begins to consistently park there? I'll memorize their face and frown at them. Because I'm from the midwest and my anger manifests itself in a passive aggressive way. But, oh, they'll know by my disappointed frown and deep inside they'll say 'sorry, man, I'm so sorry! I was such a jerk. How can I ever make it up to you and receive your delicious baked goods.' And if the courage was enough that they'd say it out loud, I would say 'It's cool. Thanks for apologizing. You want some cookies?'
I mean, unless the sign survives and I catch the person getting out of the car and I'll point to the sign and say 'Hey, did you write that?'
To which they'll say 'Yes.'
And then I'll say 'That was a really jerk-y thing to do.'
And then they'll probably say something like 'Sorry' 
then I'll say, 'Yeah, yeah, you probably should be sorry.' And then I'll shake my head at them and walk away. 
Again, why am I so upset about this? Maybe it was because I was so parking-happy about not living in Loring Park and my parking-happiness was dashed by this.
I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was great. My aunt made an amazing Thanksgiving feast and it included blueberry pie. It was spectacular. I pretty much don't have to shop for groceries for a while because I have so many left overs. But, I will, because my name is Dani and I have an addiction to diet coke. 
I'm best off to bed. I have a full day of sign holding tomorrow. Believe it or not, holding a sign for hours is really boring. I can feel my brain start to shut down. Yay for an interview on the 2nd!

1 comment: