Sunday, November 16, 2008

Unemployment














Belated Before and After pictures of November 4

Notice: 
Before picture. We've yet to exercise our American right.
After: Proud voting stickers attached to our apparel. Immediate future of free coffee and ice cream. Long-term future of hope for a better economy and health care.

What's really annoying is when you apply at places and then they post an ad on CRAIGSLIST for an open position. One you didn't apply for. One that you're probably not qualified for. Or if you've put in an application to a place you know is hiring and you call back to check the status of your application and they say 'we'll call you if you're interested'. I know, I know. I hope they all stub their toes too.
I did, however, get a gig at Ultimate Electronics in Burnsville. Yes, I am a sign holder. Put on your brakes, come on into Ultimate Electronics... in Burnsville. I'm calling Biolife tomorrow and selling away pieces of my body: read: my plasma. 
I'm at the point where I'm really missing Julian more than I probably should considering the possibility of us being together again anytime soon. I have a lot of free time, so I will find myself starring at his photograph for, like, an hour at a time. I have one photo paper picture of him. I'm thinking about as
king him to send a picture of his thumb or his ear or something, something that I can't see well in a photograph. A photograph of his hand that I used to hold or his cheek that I used to kiss if I was feeling very girly. When we talk to each other on the phone he'll mention he just went into Tesco's or Sainsbury's to get a sandwich and milk. I miss London sandwiches and milk. We used to take silly pictures a lot. I miss taking silly pictures in England with a man by my side who isn't embarrassed by it.

If anyone else hadn't noticed, it's really cold out. I noticed because it's only about two degrees warmer in the mansion than outside. When water comes out the head of the shower it chills before it gets to my feet. My scalp will be burning, but my feet haven't begun to thaw yet. 
I'm watching American Beauty. It feels like an art student film with a really huge budget and better sound. Independent films seem to always lack in the sound department.
It's late again. Ought to go do that bedtime routine.

1 comment:

FootBall said...

Ah. Sign holding. Memories. Cool photographs of manakin hands and power strips. You're in Minneapolis Now D.Cookie (I just came up with that...as you like to bake goods and your name begins with a d. So clever). Anyway, plenty of us men who would be delighted to take far out pictures and eat zesty lemon bread. As far as the british sammiches and milk you'll have to write some letters to a few u.k sammich shop owners. Anyway I'm writing this in such an odd way because of nyquil and me fighting that lovely urge to sleep through my shift. Skoal!